This is my old blog.



Go to my new Web site!
http://www.amelyajayne.com/
Contact Kathleen on (919) 321-0397 or email me at amelyajaynephotography@hotmail.com

Impromtu Photos at Thanks giving ~ My niece






Some photos convert really well into BW images. I love color, and she is so beautiful and her hair is very colorful, but I liked the way the BW conversion softened her look. To me she is a very soft, sweet young girl, but as a teenager she sees herself differently. These photos are what I see. I see her softness and vulnerability.

My BW process. All of these photos are "scenic landscape". So instead of going with the traditional "portrait" look, I changed it to scenic landscape to get the lighter skin, to create that more soft angelic look. I then went to "Enhance".. "Color Variations" and increased RED & Decreased Blue. I would play around until I liked my result. I prefer this method to converting to sepia because I feel it give me more control and a brighter finish. I am curious to get the free actions on Coffeeshop.com to see if I get the same or better result by pressing just 1 key. I will do that once I upgrade to PSE 8.